hotograph of the Lady Supt's Quarters at St George's Hospital in Bombay from the 'Album of architectural and topographical views, mostly in South Asia' taken by an unknown photographer in the 1890s. St George's Hospital was designed by John Adams (1845-1920) and completed in 1892. Adams joined the Public Works Department in 1869. Working principally in the Neo-Gothic style dominant in Bombay at this time, Adams designed over 25 buildings in the city. His commissions included the Wilson College and the Royal Bombay Yacht Club. In this view of the Lady Supt's Quarters at St George's Hospital we can see that the building has a high pitched roof, an exterior balcony and corner towers. On the lower floor, the balcony is protected by a roof with a timberwork screen above it.