The building of the Times of India is situated opposite the Victoria Terminus on the
Dadabhai Naoroji Road (formerly known as Hornby Road); it is a stretch that is studded
with Neo-Classical and Gothic Revival buildings constructed during the 19th century.
The Times of India building houses the offices of the Times of India newspaper owned
by the Indian firm Bennett, Coleman & Co Ltd and run by the family of Sahu Jain. It is
the oldest daily newspaper in the city and one of the leading newspapers in the country.
Founded as ‘The Bombay Times and Journal of Commerce’ in 1838, it was renamed
the ‘Times of India’ in 1861.